Children’s Liturgy of the Word Resources
Gospel Background and age-appropriate home lessons at Loyola Sunday Connection
Markkula Center for Applied Ethics — Easter Sunday Lesson, This week’s lesson uses the Legend of the Sand Dollar by Chris Auer, Illustrated by Richard Cowdrey. If you don’t own it, there is a kindle version available.
Put a while cloth on your door as a way to symbolize that Jesus has risen. Hallelujah! Add #taocatholic to your #HolyWeekAtHome post to be featured in the next Community Sharing video!
The Easter Story
Remember the story of Easter together by watching “The Greatest Adventure Stories from the Bible — The Easter Story.”
Coloring and Activity Sheets
Use the activity sheets and coloring pages as printables to have children color while watching/listening to the recorded liturgy.
Empty Tomb coloring sheet.
He’s Alive! coloring sheet.
Free from Teaching Heart Colleen Gallagher on Teachers Pay Teachers: Activity Sheets, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday
Free from Charlotte’s Clips on Teachers Pay Teachers: Holy Week & Easter Sequencing Cards
Free from The WOLFe PACK: Holy Week and Easter Coloring Pages Pack with Traceable Text
Craft Activity: Eggshell Butterfly
- Printout of Butterfly (or draw your own) [Butterfly 1, Butterfly 2, Butterfly 3, More]
- Crayons or markers
- Paint brush
- Crushed colored eggshells, colored salt, or other decorations
Begin by coloring the butterfly’s body. Paint glue onto the wings. Sprinkle crushed eggshells over the wings to decorate. As you work, talk about the butterfly and egg as symbols of new life. If you do not have crushed eggshells available, use colored salt, tissue twists, or colorful paper scraps to decorate the butterfly wings.
3-Minute Retreat: Easter Sunday
Diocese of St. Cloud Lesson
The Diocese of St. Cloud is releasing daily family lessons/rituals. Lessons here.
Online Events for Teens
- Weekly LIVE Youth Night (Sundays at 8 PM Central) – ProjectYM
- Saturdays with the Saints – McGrath Institute for Church Life
- Be Not Afraid Conference (featuring many past NCYC speakers and performers) – Stacey Sumereau
- DamascusLIVE – Tune in daily for Prayer Lab @ 10:30-11am ET; Worship & Intercession @ 3-4pm ET; Night-Live @ 7:30-8:30pm ET
- LIVE prayer sessions:
- Angelus, Daily at 12 PM ET – Worship Now
- Lectio Live, Wednesdays at 6 PM ET – Life Teen
- Divine Mercy Chaplet, Daily at 3 PM ET – Steve Angrisano, Facebook Live
The Road to Easter Learning Activity
Match the key events from Palm Sunday to Easter that children should know.
Image Sharing, Symbolism and Ritual
Other ideas for image sharing, symbolism and ritual. Tag #taocatholic when you share your public images and we’ll share them with the community!
1 thought on “Easter Sunday Resources”