Online Worship Aid
Consider opening the video in one window and the Worship Aid in another window. Instructions for doing this can be found here.
Page numbers are for Gather 3, a blue book. A hymnal can be purchased on your tablet via in-app purchase in the Hymnal app if you don’t have one at home. Some lyrics will be shown on the screen.
|Gathering||Hail Mary, Gentle Woman||G3 #889|
|Gloria||Glory to God – Kremer|
|Psalm||Let Your Mercy Be On Us||G3 #44|
|Gospel Acclamation||Celtic Alleluia||G3 #334|
|Gifts||O God You Search Me||G3 #581|
|Mass Parts||Glendalough||G3 #263-267|
|Lamb of God||Isele|
|Communion||Do Not Let Your Hearts Be Troubled||G3 #869|
|Sending||This Day was Made by the Lord – Walker|
Gathering: Hail Mary, Gentle Woman, G3 #889
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
And blest is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death. AMEN
Gentle women, quiet light, Morning star, so strong and bright. Gentle Mother, peaceful dove, Teach us wisdom; teach us love.
1) You were chosen by the Father: You were chosen for the Son.
You were chosen from all women, And for woman, shining one.
2) Blessed are you among women, Blessed in turn all women, too.
Blessed they with peaceful spirits. Blessed they with gentle hearts.
Text: Hail Mary, alt: Carey Landry Tune: Carey Landry 1975 GIA Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. OneLicense.net # A 713604.
Liturgy of the Word
First Reading: ACTS 6:1-7
A reading from the Acts of the Apostles.
As the number of disciples continued to grow,
the Hellenists complained against the Hebrews
because their widows
were being neglected in the daily distribution.
So the Twelve called together the community of the disciples and said,
“It is not right for us to neglect the word of God to serve at table.
Brothers, select from among you seven reputable men,
filled with the Spirit and wisdom,
whom we shall appoint to this task,
whereas we shall devote ourselves to prayer
and to the ministry of the word.”
The proposal was acceptable to the whole community,
so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the Holy Spirit,
also Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas,
and Nicholas of Antioch, a convert to Judaism.
They presented these men to the apostles
who prayed and laid hands on them.
The word of God continued to spread,
and the number of the disciples in Jerusalem increased greatly;
even a large group of priests were becoming obedient to the faith.
The word of the Lord.
Psalm: Let Your Mercy Be on Us, G3 #44
Let your mercy be on us, O God, As we place our trust in you.
1) Your words, O God, are truth indeed, and all your works are ever faithful; You love justice and right, your compassion fills all creation.
2) See how the eye of God is watching, ever guarding all who wait in hope, to deliver them from death and sustain them in time of famine.
3) Exult, you just, in the Lord, for praise is the song of the righteous! How happy the people of God, the ones whom God has chosen!
4) Our soul is waiting for God, for God is our help and our shield. May your kindness, O God, be upon us who place our hope in you.
Marty Haugen, 1987, 1994, GIA Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. OneLicense.net # A 713604.
Second Reading: 1 PT 2:4-9
A reading from the first Letter of Saint Peter.
Come to him, a living stone, rejected by human beings
but chosen and precious in the sight of God,
and, like living stones,
let yourselves be built into a spiritual house
to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices
acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
For it says in Scripture:
Behold, I am laying a stone in Zion,
a cornerstone, chosen and precious,
and whoever believes in it shall not be put to shame.
Therefore, its value is for you who have faith, but for those without faith:
The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone, and
A stone that will make people stumble,
and a rock that will make them fall.
They stumble by disobeying the word, as is their destiny.
You are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood,
a holy nation, a people of his own,
so that you may announce the praises” of him
who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
The word of the Lord.
Gospel Acclamation: Celtic Alleluia, G3 #334
Verse: I am the way and the truth, / I am the life everlasting, / Come and follow me / All the days of your life!
Gospel: JN 14:1-12
A reading from the holy Gospel according to John.
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places.
If there were not,
would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back again and take you to myself,
so that where I am you also may be.
Where I am going you know the way.”
Thomas said to him,
“Master, we do not know where you are going;
how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.
If you know me, then you will also know my Father.
From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
Philip said to him,
“Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time
and you still do not know me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own.
The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me,
or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,
and will do greater ones than these,
because I am going to the Father.”
The Gospel of the Lord.
R/ Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ.
Liturgy of the Eucharist
Preparation of Gifts: O God, You Search Me, G3 #581
1) O God, you search me and you know me. All my thoughts lie open to your gaze. When I walk or lie down you are before me: Ever the maker and keeper of my days.
2) You know my resting and my rising. You discern my purpose from afar. And with love everlasting you besiege me; In every moment of life or death, you are.
3) Before a word is on my tongue, Lord, you have known its meaning through and through. You are with me beyond my understanding: God of my present, my past and future, too!
4) Although your Spirit is upon me, Still I search for shelter from you light. There is no-where on earth I can escape you: Even the darkness if radiant in your sight.
5) For you created me and shaped me. Gave me life within my mother’s womb. For the wonder of who I am I praise you: Safe in your hands, all creation is made new.
Bernadette Farrell 1992, OCP Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. OneLicense.net # A 713604.
Communion: Do Not Let Your Hearts Be Troubled, G3 #869
Do Not led your hearts be troubled, have faith in God
And faith in me. I will go forth to prepare a place for you,
then I’ll come back to take you with me, that where I am, You may also be.
1) In God’s house there are many places for you alone to dwell in safety. You know the way to where I’ll lead you, if you are lost, I will show the way.
2) I am the say, the truth and the life, only through me can you know what I know. If you knew me, you would see the vision, if you see me, you see your God.
3) The words I speak are not only of myself, it is your God who lives within me. If you believe that your God and I are one, I will provide when you call my name.
David Haas 1995, GIA Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. OneLicense.net # A 713604.
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen. –St. Francis
Blessing of Mothers
On this Mother’s Day
let us give thanks to God for the gift of our mother
and for all women who provide guidance
and care for children.
May God, the source of all life,
protect you and keep you safe.
May God grant you courage in your struggles,
faith in times of doubt ~
and abundant hope for the future.
May God enlighten your mind,
and fill you with wisdom.
May God keep your children strong in body and spirit.
May the love of God,
the peace of Christ,
the Spirit of grace,
guide you to be the light of Christ for all you meet.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen
Sending: This Day Was Made By the Lord
This day was made by the Lord, let us rejoice, let us be glad.
This day was made by the Lord, let us rejoice in salvation.
1) We thank you, you love is eternal, you have given us life!
You have given us life! We will proclaim the wonders to you!
2) Your hands raised us up in triumph, you have given us life!
You have given us life! We will proclaim the wonders you do!
Christopher Walker 1988,1989, OCP Publications, All rights reserved. OneLicense.net # A 713604.
All music reprinted under OneLicense.net # A 713604.
Weekly Resources for Adult and Family Faith Formation — Includes Children’st Liturgy of the Word Resources.