Together We Journey posts will replace Weekly Content posts, and will continue to include Fr. LeRoy’s Cabin Fever Faith episodes, when they are available!
Welcome! Faith Formation 2020-2021
Welcome! This year’s Faith Formation theme is: Together We Journey. We’ll explore our lives of faith as if we are on Pilgrimage together. To go on “pilgrimage” is to go on a journey, to a sacred or holy place, like the places Jesus or the Saints lived. Learn more by watching our opening video!
Opening Video: Why Would I go on A Pilgrimage?
- To go on a pilgrimage is to “take a step back” from the details of life. What details of life do you feel caught up in right now?
- What ways do you “get away” to pray?
- Fr. Michael said that pilgrimage is a journey with God and others toward heaven. What is one way you can show God’s love to someone else this week?
Distance-learning groups are organized by age-level groups instead of by grades. This enables parents and catechists to teach a cross-section of students from the same texts. Groups are named after popular pilgrimage locations.
Ages 4-7 or approximately grades preK, 1, 2 & 3
Knowing our Catholic Faith
Ages 8-12 or approximately grades 4, 5 & 6
Bridges to Faith
Ages 13-16 or approximately grades 7, 8 & 9
Called to Be Catholic
Students will have an option of joining bi-monthly video-chat classes starting in November.
Weekly Tasks for All Groups:
- Watch the videos provided, including age-level engagement videos.
- Pray together, online prayer options will be included in the “Together We Journey” weekly posting.
- Complete book pages and activities listed.
This Week – Student Tasks
- Book pages 5-7
Note: Level I books are for ages 4-5; Level II books for ages 6-7.
- Book page 9-14
- Book Pages 4-8
- Chapter Review / Assessment
This Week – Family Task
Complete this discussion from last week, if needed. Discuss distance learning for faith formation, answering the following questions:
- When will our family meet for Faith Formation each week?
- Would we prefer Parent-led or Catechist-led Faith Formation?
- What parts of distance learning will be the responsibility of Parents?
- What parts of distance learning will be the responsibility of Students?
- What device(s) will be used, if engaging online materials?
- Catechist-led distance learners will use Schoology or Seesaw. If your child uses Seesaw during the day, locate their school QR code or sign-in information, so that when they log in to our Faith Formation class, they are also able to log back in to their School account. Faith Formation log-in information will be in the Materials Packets, available for pickup from 3:30-7:00 pm on Wednesday, October 28. in room 109 at St. Peter’s.
- FYI, a Schedule of Video classes, and links to those videoconferencing rooms will be sent in advance of meetings and through Schoology or Seesaw.
Together We Pray
Use this video to open in prayer together, or pray a different way. Our prayer today is the Litany of Saints. We pray this prayer around All Saints Day to ask for the intercession of the Saints. Learn more about the Litany of Saints prayer here.
Parent/Catechist: We begin in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Reader: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Age Level Engagement Videos and Activities for October 28
Santiago – Discussing the Creed
- Bishop Don Heying talks about the creed as the story of Christ’s love for us. Why is it important to make our beliefs personal and real?
- Who do you say Jesus is?
- How do you proclaim the story of God’s love for us in your life?
Lourdes – Halloween and All Saints Day Explained with Lego
Assisi – All Saints Day (For Kids)
Liturgical Connection Links
These links contain resources to help your family pray the Mass, especially if you’re doing so from home. They are not required work for faith formation.
Gospel Background and home lessons at Loyola Sunday Connection
Growing with the Gospel worksheet grades K & 1 Download
Growing with the Gospel worksheet grades 2 & 3 Download