Class of 2020-2021
The Churches of St. Peter, St. Paul, St. Michael, St. Anthony, St. John Cantius and Holy Spirit in St. Cloud and the Church of St. Joseph in Waite Park are working together to offer Confirmation Preparation. Students in grade 10 or above are eligible to prepare for Confirmation.
Attending an orientation session is a mandatory part of Confirmation Preparation. Orientation Sessions will be held via Zoom with sign-ups on Signup Genius. Please sign up for a time that works for the student and one (or more) parents. Families can choose to sit together and log in from one screen to participate in the meeting, or to utilize several devices and logons. Meetings will be limited to 10 students and their parents to enable conversation. Zoom links will be sent out via email prior to the meetings.
Preparing for Your Orientation Session
Please read through the Confirmation Handbook before your orientation session. Items in the handbook will be referenced during the orientation, and should be familiar to meeting participants before the session.
After Your Orientation Session
- Register for Confirmation using our online form. Parent and candidate will need to be present to “sign” the participation agreement at the beginning.
- Statements will be sent out to collect the $70 Confirmation Preparation fee, or you can send a check now, made out to your parish, and sent to Lisa Neu if from St. Joseph’s, St. Michael’s, St. Paul’s or St. Peter’s and made out to “SAS” and sent to Ginny Duschner if from St. John Cantius, Holy Spirit or St. Anthony’s. Addresses are in the handbook.
- Fill out our online Information Sheet. If you have most of this information, but not all, fill out the form with the information that you have. Information requested on the form includes:
- Name, email and phone number of preferred Confirmation Sponsor. Remember, sponsors need to be 21, Catholic, and Confirmed.
- Name of the city and state where candidate was baptized.
- A scan or image of the Candidate’s baptismal certificate to upload.
- Parent’s full names
- Candidate’s preferred Confirmation Name
- Start work on Confirmation Preparation
- Join our Confirmation Google Classroom (code in handbook)
- Complete your Journal with your Mentor. Utilize electronic means to communicate if needed.
- Complete Liturgy Training Sheets if you prefer these to attending the Teaching Mass on December 6th.
- Complete Service Hours, you need 10 in the parish and 10 outside the parish. Yes, you can get creative, given the restrictions of managing social engagement due to covid-19.
Class of 2019-2020
Our Confirmation celebration is delayed. We will communicate with you via email or remind when we have more information about the celebration of Confirmation.